Dell Inspiration 15 5000 Series Upgrading parts

Luke__

Estimable
Sep 17, 2015
I have have a dell and i was wounding multiple things. i have the standard non-touchscreen model

1) Can i upgrade my laptop screen to the touch screen model (without getting a new motherboard....)

2) Can the RAM be upgraded And What is the max amount.

3) can the possessor be upgraded. I7 would be the best but if not whats would be the next best thing

My Dell Laptop Website: http://www.dell.com/uk/p/inspiron-15-5547-laptop/pd
More about : dell inspiration 5000 series upgrading parts

Solution
That model does come with a touchscreen option, you may want to contact Dell to see if that requires anything else aside from just the screen.

MAX RAM looks to be 16GB.

That model range does have an i7 CPU, if it will work with your specific model you'll have to check with Dell support as they may use different motherboards for different models. BIOS notes have CPU compatibility listings at times and you can look up the motherboard details using Speccy or CPUZ and look up compatible CPUs for the chipset although that is not guaranteed it will work since OEM vendors do modify specs from the generic ones.
That model does come with a touchscreen option, you may want to contact Dell to see if that requires anything else aside from just the screen.

MAX RAM looks to be 16GB.

That model range does have an i7 CPU, if it will work with your specific model you'll have to check with Dell support as they may use different motherboards for different models. BIOS notes have CPU compatibility listings at times and you can look up the motherboard details using Speccy or CPUZ and look up compatible CPUs for the chipset although that is not guaranteed it will work since OEM vendors do modify specs from the generic ones.

Solution