Hi.i own a Dell Inspiron 14 5000 series laptop.My problem is my laptop always goes blackscreen and unresponsive.Then,it shuts down.When i tried to turn it on,nothing happens and theres a beeping sound ×7.I recently serviced the laptop's fan.Please help.
Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will still not boot, reseat the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If all these will not work remove the battery off the laptop and boot it up with just the charger connected.
- Lastly, you may need to open your laptop again to make sure everything was plugged in properly specially the heat sink of the CPU. Apply new thermal paste on it as well while you're at it.
- Do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if the same problem will persist.