Dell Inspiron 14R Bad performance

dell_victim

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
Hello,

I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 14R. i3 processor, 2GB DDR3 ram.

http://www1.ap.dell.com/in/en/home/notebooks/inspiron-14r/pd.aspx?refid=inspiron-14r&s=dhs&cs=indhs1

My problem is that its performance is very bad. It takes too long to open any application first time. Even the simple applications like MS word. My 3 year old core2duo with 1 gb ram is better.

I have tried factory restore, Installing other windows, Disable antivirus etc. but I am still not able to find the problem. System diagnostics say that all hardware are ok.

I even took it to the dell service center. They accept the system is slow but they can do nothing to fix it as they say all hardware are ok.

What can the problem here?

dell_victim

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
It is still at service center. I posted a feedback at dell website as well. They contacted me by phone and saying that they will get the laptop check properly now try to correct the issue.

But I will suggest not to buy this laptop. It even does not have a gigabit network. Its webcam is only 1.3 megapixel and others minor things like these.

G

Hi,

My experience has been equally bad. My Inspiron 14 R is being repaired by Dell for the last 3 weeks. The system gave way because of motherboard failure, CD rom failure etc within 6 weeks of buying it.

Support desk does not care to respond. The team is Complacent

Dell is a bad choice if at all anyone is planning for it

dell_victim

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
They have replaced the laptop for me. I have not received the replacement yet but my laptop has been collected by them. I will post once I receive the replacement.

But if the Support Desk are not listening to you then you can put a review on dell's website. They will not publish your review but if you gave a bad review then they will call back to you and assign your case to higher level support personnel. It worked for me may be it will work for you too.

I've found Dell pretty good about dealing with things that they messed up on. Like you said, submitting a bad review got the job done or simply calling them will at least get the ball rolling.

Hopefully the replacement laptop is in good working condition when you get it.

Good luck.

dell_victim

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010

I have still not received replacement laptop. Its 20 days since they collected laptop from me. No reply to emails. Direct phone number they gave me is not working either. So I am still not satisfied with Dell.

sam2003

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
I bought a dell inspiron there are over a year. After the expiration of the warranty the hard drive is dead. I am very disappointed by this brand that I personally do not recommend DELL. A hard drive that dies suddenly after only 14 months working very softly with this laptop, is a huge frustration ! I'm not the only one who has had this problem. BAD PURSHASE FOR ME !!!

gyannitin

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2011
Dear allll .... Whenever you buy dell laptops please diagnose the system(restart and keep pressing F12 --> diagnose) and verify that there is no hardware issue. I just had a big loss due to unawareness. My system was crashing very often and I called dell technical support and found 0146 error. Its an hardware issue and they suggested me to format the system. Things went fine after formating that time. Now when m not in warranty period, they are revealing that it's an hardware failure and I need to replace the parts. I would suggest all of you to keep checking this (during warranty period) if there is a crash or system slow.