Dell Inspiron 14z Power problems

nyk161

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016
Hello,

I am having an issue with my Dell Inspiron 14z-5423 where my power button sometimes decides not to power on my laptop. Nothing that I do will turn it on, whether plugged in or not, not even the bios loading screen with the dell logo doesn't even appear. Lately there have been issues where it powers on but it freezes on the bios loading screen but I would just reset it and it would work. Now there are issues with the power itself.

But what fixes this is a complete teardown. If I take the laptop apart; RAM, Keyboard, Touchpad and internal battery and put it back together then it works. Any idea what may be wrong? I just can't keep having to take my laptop apart after every shutdown.

What can I do to fix this or target the issue?

Thanks!

nyk161

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016

Hi Laptop_Nerd,

I tried your suggestion and the laptop works fine now after removing the battery. Though I am not sure if that fixed it long term because there is no way I can test it. This problem, where the power button doesnt start the machine, occurs intermittently at random intervals. So for a month it could be totally fine then it will happen again for a few times then it will stop again. Would a motherboard replacement be advisable? If so, how easily is it to do with a laptop?

Thanks!