Dell Inspiron 1545 No Sound

Strider88

Prominent
Jul 14, 2017
Hey Guys

I hope that someone will be able to come up with a viable solution because I am sick and tired of struggling.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop running on Windows 7 Home Premium and for some wonderful unexplained reason I have no sound...nothing.

I went online and searched for solutions but to this point nothing has yet helped me.

I went to device manager, uninstalled the driver and restarted the laptop, driver reinstalled but still nada
Did the same thing as above and then selected scan for hardware changes, driver reinstalled but still nada
I updated the driver software over the internet from Device Manager, could not find an updated driver
Went directly to the dell website, downloaded the driver, installed, still nada
Used a few driver updating tools, still nada
I checked to see if anything was disabled from the sound settings, nothing disabled
I opened the machine, cleaned it out, checked that all the cables coming from the speakers were in good condition and checked that they connected properly....still nothing niks nada zilts....
Tried windows update...zero sound
Downloaded Dell Diagnostics, scanned found no fault and updated the driver anyway but still no #@$$%$#@!)(&% sound

However, I see that when you download the updated driver from dell website or via a updating tool it continually installs this: IDT High Definition Audio CODEC...

Please give me some advice as to what I can try differently. I also tried different sound drivers that are COMPATIBLE with Windows 7 8 and 10 but for the love of me I have no sound...

Thanx in advance