Dell inspiron 1545 webcam

pausantos

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
Hello,
I own a dell inspiron 1545 laptop, which was given by my uncle when he decided to purchase a new laptop. So the web camera works when used for video-calling, but i can't find a software or anything that will make it work to take pictures/ videos. Please, please help? Thanks.

MeneerWitte

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012

:hello:

Kindly I ask your attention.

Is this the one?

http://www.cnet.com/laptops/dell-inspiron-1545-15/4507-3121_7-33712875.html

Go to Start, left click on it and go to My Computer (right row), right click on it and go to porportions (simular to it) and left click on it.
A window opens, here you can find witch version of Windows you have and System Type (32 or 64 bit version).

Witch Operating System do you have installed now?

It might be that you have Windows 7 (?) installed, while it comes from the factory with Windows Vista installed. That's why I ask, we don't know if it will make any differents, when it comes to software for some hardware.

When you edit your question with more infomation, some of us could give an address or program name to look for! :D

What you need is a program that has the option for using your onboard cam for pictures and/or video use, online and offline.

Gimp might has the option for pictures, maby video too.
Open Office too, but it's an office program and it you might need to download an extention.

What you could do is the next:

Start your browser, search with different search engines and use different phrases.

Free cam software download
Cam software download
Free Dell Inspirion 1545 cam software download
Free Dell Inspirion 1545 cam recorder software download
Free Dell Inspirion 1545 cam recording software Win 7 (? (x32/x64)) download
And so on.

There will be software that can do picture/video online recording and just recording, some only online recording and some only recording. That's what you have to find out yourself.

There are a lot of free cam softwarre for free to use and/or personal use only.
I only can let you know how and what.

Hopefully I let you known enough and that you will find the answers you seek! :D

Good luck and have fun doing it! :D

Best Regards,

MeneerWitte

silhouttejames

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
You need to download the webcam driver from the proper website. Before downloading the driver you need to check whether it is compatible with your current system’s set-up. And you need to install latest driver software. Otherwise you could not get the advanced features. After downloading the set-up file you need to run it. Thereby, you could easily install driver in your system.
http://driver.iyogi.com/dell/dell-inspiron-1545-webcam-driver.html