Dell Inspiron 1545

fuerzapcteam

Estimable
Aug 25, 2014
Looking for other opinion?

My client brought me his laptop dell inspiron 1545 i replace the cpu fan thinking it was bad, but it does the same thing as the old one i turn on the laptop the fan start but after 5 sec the fan stop, that is every time i turn on the laptop.

i believe is the board is not passing power to the plug of the fan?

another thing when i open the laptop it was so durty, rusty metal and small cockroaches dead. This is the smelly laptop i every open.

let me know what you guys think. If is possible to buy external fan like laptop stand with fan, that would work?

thanks.

Solution
Your best bet is to probably say motherboard issue and call time of death. Something this old would cost way to much to get the replacement parts for, that is, if they have any left. To put into perspective of how old this laptop is, the World Trade Centre was still standing when this laptop was made.

Also an external fan would not work. Heat would build up inside on the heating pipes and it would just overheat again because theres nothing dissipating the heat.

Warukyure

Estimable
Your best bet is to probably say motherboard issue and call time of death. Something this old would cost way to much to get the replacement parts for, that is, if they have any left. To put into perspective of how old this laptop is, the World Trade Centre was still standing when this laptop was made.

Also an external fan would not work. Heat would build up inside on the heating pipes and it would just overheat again because theres nothing dissipating the heat.

Solution

fuerzapcteam

Estimable
Aug 25, 2014

thanks i agree