Dell Inspiron 15z 5523 screen problem

dnpl93

Estimable
Nov 11, 2014
My dell inspiron 15 laptop screen goes back at first it woulld go out when I would touch the screen but it has progressively gotten worse. I attached a video to show you when I mess with the screen it comes back in. Any idea what could be the problem. Took it to a repair shop and they said it could be a $15 video cable or a $200 screen and wanted to do both, but I can't afford that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa2RYnnSa1A

Solution
My verdict is the video cable needs replacing but even if it's more than that it's really a no-brainer.
Get the cheapest part replaced first (the video cable) and if that fixes it, well problem solved.

If new cable alone doesn't fix it, you've only spent $15.

Just make it firmly understood by the repair shop staff that you only want the video cable replacing at this stage.
My verdict is the video cable needs replacing but even if it's more than that it's really a no-brainer.
Get the cheapest part replaced first (the video cable) and if that fixes it, well problem solved.

If new cable alone doesn't fix it, you've only spent $15.

Just make it firmly understood by the repair shop staff that you only want the video cable replacing at this stage.

Solution