Question Dell Inspiron 5559 Does not affect the volume on JBL FLIP 5 speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 1, 2020
Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 5559 Latop W10 - but when using the volume control on the Laptop it does not affect the volume on JBL FLIP 5 BLUETOOTH speaker. I have to turn up or down the volume on the speaker itself.
(The speaker is new and connected via Bluetooth to the Laptop)

Can please help?
Thx.

Did you just connect it and try using it or did you actually go through and set it up to work with the computer?

Try going to...
  1. Go to "Control Panel".
  2. Click on "Sound".
  3. Make sure you are on the "Playback" tab.
  4. Click on the device you are trying to fix.
  5. Now click the "Configure" button and follow the prompts. (Be sure you also click the "Test" button.)
  6. Once that is complete, click the "Properties" button.
  7. When you are done with your changes, in "Properties", click "Apply" and then "OK".
  8. Then click "OK", again, on the main "Sound window".
You may also want to update the driver for it.

Should none of this work, then I would try visiting the speaker manufacturer's site and see if there is any limitation to using it with your computer. It happens.

Last edited:
Try this...

Right click on the speaker icon on your desktop/taskbar. Then click "Volume Control Options". In there you can choose which devices show their own volume control and how it is all controlled.

Try changing it to "The default communication device" and then make sure that when connected to the computer that the speaker is the default device.

Feb 1, 2020
I contacted the manufacturer (Harman JBL) and they could not help after the troubleshoot. But the weird thing is that if I turn the volume all the way down in my Laptop and it will cut off the sound of the speaker and then if I turn it up it will turn back the sound on the speaker.
Any other leads?

Apr 30, 2020
Hi, I have also the exact same problem. I connected JBL to my new ntb lenovo legion y540 and sound problem appears, but when I had connected to my old ntb lenovo idepad s400, everything was fine a volume soundbar was ok... any ideas? It must be some kind of windows 10 issues... I also connected my sony wireless headphones to lenovo legiony y540 and it was fine... Im confused...

Status
Not open for further replies.