Dell inspiron 5575 amd ryzen 3 lagging

Sep 29, 2018
i bought a dell inspiron 5575 ( ryzen 3 2200u with vega 3 gpu) two days ago and it came with windows 10 home pre installed but it is slow and lagging and takes a lot of time to load application.

please help as to what i should do, it is not performing like a new laptop should.

i updated the windows and drivers and bios and all ( as per my knowledge ).

Solution
Uninstall or disable any unnecessary software even if it came pre-installed by Dell, those processes load at boot time and take up RAM, CPU and disk resources.
Open Task Manager and look under the Startup tab and disable apps from running at startup.
You could switch Power Settings to Maximum Performance, it could boost your laptop performance.
If you don't use Windows search, turn off the Search Indexing service.
If you have less than 8GB of RAM it will be hard to improve the performance.

jojesa

Distinguished
Depending on the configuration you got, that laptop model could come with a slow 5400 rpm Hard Drive (HDD) or a blazing fast solid state disk (SSD).
The HDD version feels very sluggish, specially at the beginning until Windows Search and Superfetch services scan the HDD.

Sep 29, 2018

i looked and its an HHD , can you please suggest any speed up tricks ?

jojesa

Distinguished
Uninstall or disable any unnecessary software even if it came pre-installed by Dell, those processes load at boot time and take up RAM, CPU and disk resources.
Open Task Manager and look under the Startup tab and disable apps from running at startup.
You could switch Power Settings to Maximum Performance, it could boost your laptop performance.
If you don't use Windows search, turn off the Search Indexing service.
If you have less than 8GB of RAM it will be hard to improve the performance.

Solution