Dell Inspiron 6000 will not power up

Jeana32

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
My Inspiron 6000 will not power up. Thought power cord was bad but, it's not. I took it to a computer store. The guys tried 3 different power cords and could not get any of them to register on my computer. The computer came on but the battery was running low on power. The computer guy said my power supply on the motherboard was bad and it wouldn't be worth fixing it. Then he tried to sale me a used computer he had. He did not open my computer or look in it, he just tried the different power cords. I researched the problem and thought it might be the DC power jack. I had it replaced and it still does not power up. If my battery was not dead or I had another way of charging my computers battery the computer would work. Please tell me if you have any ideas of what could be wrong with my computer and if it can be fix and would it be worth getting it fixed. Any suggestions please let me know. Thank you for your time and your help.

AntiZig

Distinguished
if replacing the DC jack on the mobo didn't solve your problem you need to replace the motherboard, typically this means you will have to pay a lot of money and trouble (replace everything that came attached to the motherboard, transplant the CPU, ram, HDD etc), in such cases you usually purchase a new laptop