Dell Inspiron 7520 power on problem

deto77

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
Hello,

My Dell 7520 got a little problem. If it runs, it runs perfectly ... if "it runs". I mean when I press power button to start it, it's starting but after 2 second (just like the screen normally turns on and shows "Dell" logo) it turns off. And that's strange because sometimes it starts after .. 5 tries ... and today by example after 50 tries :( What can cause this problem? I called Dell ... they said it's turn on switch (which I don't believe it is) or motherboard (which cost 300+$ in dell).

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If the same problem will persist, remove the battery off the laptop again then connect just the AC adapter and observe if it will boot up normally or not.
- Do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and observe if it will work or not.
- Next to try would be to reseat the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making everything is seated properly.
- And another troubleshooting step would be to open the laptop and clean the inside of it from dust and apply new thermal paste on the CPU.
- If all these will not work last option would be to have the motherboard replaced.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fox112003 Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 0
hikswolf Laptop Tech Support 0
P Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 4
J Laptop Tech Support 13
T Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 5