Dell Inspiron 7567 Storage Upgrade

DesperateConsumer

Prominent
Jul 31, 2017
This Christmas I got a new Dell 7567 and I want to upgrade the storage on it because it only has 256gb SSD which I have already taken up half of. If you have any suggestions on a good 2.5 inch internal HDD to add under $60 please feel free to comment, Thank you.

Solution
Perhaps i misunderstood your questions? You don't want to replace the SSD you have but add storage space with a HDD correct? You can easily add a 1TB WD HDD for about $65.00 from Amazon right now. Leave your OS on the SSD and use the HDD for storage.
One of your previous respondents said it's hard ...it is not.
One screw removes the back plate. Just connect the HDD with the supplied cable. Careful you don't bend it to much, but no problem.
*** Glad I could help you. I read the other peoples comments and wondered if any of them actually "read" your question. I've done this on my computer as well. Moving the directories from your SSD to the HDD is fairly simple too. I will look for the instructions and post them here for you.

bjornl

Estimable
That is a laptop. You are not going to easily upgrade the HD without some basic tech skills. You would have to buy a HD and likely a seperate imaging software and a cable. Or you can just use an external HD. In which case you can get any USB disk. I recommend USB 3 (avoid usb 2 due to speed).

Another alternative is to take it to a shop and pay them to upgrade the disk (swap your internal out for a new one). Their service fee will be close to your requested budget, and so might not be a practical choice for you.

Finally any SSD worth owning AND larger than 256gb is going to be over budget. You would be disappointed in the performance drop if you went from a SSD to a HD. For an external connected via a USB cable, you can get away with a HD.

Recommended HD:
I don't like this unit, but it is in budget
https://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Canvio-Basics-Portable-Drive/dp/B00N2S6ZUQ/

Recommended replacement SSD:
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-2-5-Inch-Internal-MZ-75E1T0B-AM/dp/B00OBRFFAS/
There are 500gb (might be a tight fit, depending on your applications, photos, etc) or a roomier 1tb. Neither are on budget.

severinsen70

Prominent
Oct 15, 2017
Why would he need Seperate imaging software? Windows has built in features to make a backup installations. Or you can use free programs, as I have always used in the past.

Generally HDD or SSD is one of the easier upgrades in most systems. Although I would advise against replacing your SSD with an HDD (even though it's smaller the SSD performs MUCH faster). The exception is if it has a 2nd drive slot, then you could keep the SSD and add an HDD otherwise I'd just start saving for a 512gb SSD.

I also have a 250gb SSD in my notebook and use about 200gb of it for games. That's why I purchased an external HDD which I use for all my media/backup files.

DesperateConsumer

Prominent
Jul 31, 2017

Yes I am aware, but it is not going to be too difficult because of the many tutorials explaining step by step the process of installing the HDD. Plus the one screw design should help out a lot,but unfortunately the HDD you suggested is not able to fit because my laptop can only fit a 2.5 inch hard drive. But I did find a possible solution that I am pretty sure is compatible with the Dell 7567. What do you think about this HDD?
https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-BarraCuda-2-5-Inch-Internal-ST1000LM048/dp/B01LYNQXCP/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1514297212&sr=1-3&keywords=2.5+inch+hard+drive

DesperateConsumer

Prominent
Jul 31, 2017

There is an open slot for an HDD but it is not compatible with a SSD.

You can install a 2.5" SATA SSD in that drive bay. But with a budget of only $60 it would be limited to a 128GB SSD. Your best option would be the Seagate 1TB HDD you already looked at. However, be aware that it is a bare drive which means it does not come with any screws to secure the HDD to the laptop. You can purchase the following screws for 2.5" hard drives and SSDs (thread pitch = 0.45mm) for $4.50. But it is not guaranteed to work with all brands since the thread pitch of the hard drive / SSD could be different.

https://www.amazon.com/Laptop-Drive-Screws-M3x3MM-PM3X3-0/dp/B00B1UVKSY/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1514319743&sr=1-7&keywords=2.5%22+hard+drive+screws

gerry410

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010
Perhaps i misunderstood your questions? You don't want to replace the SSD you have but add storage space with a HDD correct? You can easily add a 1TB WD HDD for about $65.00 from Amazon right now. Leave your OS on the SSD and use the HDD for storage.
One of your previous respondents said it's hard ...it is not.
One screw removes the back plate. Just connect the HDD with the supplied cable. Careful you don't bend it to much, but no problem.
*** Glad I could help you. I read the other peoples comments and wondered if any of them actually "read" your question. I've done this on my computer as well. Moving the directories from your SSD to the HDD is fairly simple too. I will look for the instructions and post them here for you.

Solution

gerry410

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010