Dell Inspiron BIOS password (NOT SECURITY BYPASS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bahstin

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017
I have a Dell(it was a gift for school!) Inspiron 15 laptop. The past few days, it has started to require the BIOS password at startup. I have the password, it's just a pain. Any idea how to eliminate the need for a password? Have a picture, though no way to add it.

There should be an option to change the requirement for a password at startup, IN the bios, provided you have the password to begin with. Short of that, there is no way to remove the password requirement from outside the bios. If you can get IN, you can change the option. Otherwise, nicht so viel.

bahstin

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017

Thanks, I can get into the BIOS. Under "security" there's administrator password, system password options. There is no turn password off or similar option available?

bahstin

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017
111p3l5.jpg

ajo044.jpg

So, my suggestion would be to change the admin and system password status to not set. You will probably have to enter the current password, maybe, but simply removing all the characters in the passworld field in bios after you log into it, then saving, should change it to not set. After that it should not require a password anymore.

bahstin

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017

First, let me say thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. So I attempted your suggestion and unfortunately, I cannot get either the admin nor system to highlight and effect a change??? As if the options are locked out???

I would contact Dell support. They can assist you with removing the password feature. I'm sure it could be done by you or I, but without having it in front of me there are too many variables. You might also check the Dell forums. There are certainly others who have encountered the issue and raised the question there. Sorry I can't be more help than that.

bahstin

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017

No problem, thanks for trying!

Status
Not open for further replies.