Dell Inspiron Vs Lenovo Ideapad

Mariojrm74

Estimable
Mar 6, 2014
I want to buy a new laptop but there are a lot of kind, i have researched in internet and i like these 2, which is better?
Lenovo Ideapad B590
Screen Size:15.6 inches
Max Screen Resolution:1366 x 768 pix
Processor 2.6 GHz Core i5 3230M
RAM 6 GB DDR3
Hard Drive 500 GB SATA 5400RPM
Graphics Coprocessor Integrated
Number of USB 2.0 Ports 2
Number of USB 3.0 Ports 2
Cost: 570$

Dell Inspiron i5535-2684sLV
Screen Size: 15.6 inches
Max Screen Resolution:1366x768 pix
Processor 2.1 GHz A-Series Eight-Core A10-5700
RAM 8 GB DDR3
Hard Drive 1 TB 5400RPM
Graphics Cop: AMD Radeon? HD 8610G
Number of USB 2.0 Ports 2
Number of USB 3.0 Ports 2
Cost: 600$

I work with autocad, office, dialux,
calculation programs and now and then some games. I will apreciate your comments

Solution

I'll explain it this way - while it's still not a 12 core CPU, no matter which way you look at it, AMD APUs are different from Intel CPUs in that the dedicated graphics are indeed stronger. But it's still...

g-unit1111

Distinguished

This is completely wrong. The AMD A10 is not a 10 core CPU, in short there is no such thing. The A10 is a quad core CPU with an integrated Radeon HD 7660D. But it would definitely not outperform an Intel i5, integrated graphics or not. The AMD may give a slight advantage in the GPU department over Intel HD 3500, but will complete lack in the CPU department.

pfunkmd

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012

So I was wrong with my answer I was getting mixed up with the new AMD A10-7850K don't know what I was thinking.
g-unit1111 as you can see AMD states 4 cpu and 8 gpu cores for this A10 I never claimed the APU had 10 CPU cores never the less I was way off Sorry to the op get the i5 machine

From AMD
Introducing the AMD A10-7850K, AMD’s most advanced APU. So revolutionary, it challenges the very definition of a processor. With 12 Compute Cores (4 CPU + 8 GPU)1 featuring AMD Radeon™ R7 Graphics and exclusive features like AMD

g-unit1111

Distinguished

I'll explain it this way - while it's still not a 12 core CPU, no matter which way you look at it, AMD APUs are different from Intel CPUs in that the dedicated graphics are indeed stronger. But it's still a quad core CPU. Just because the GPU and CPU are integrated does not mean that it has more cores than, say an Intel i5. Look at it this way - when the two things are independent of each other each unit has its own cores, does it not? When combined the cores still function as if they were separate units. Where an AMD APU differs is the fact that both the CPU and GPU share the same RAM which makes them act as a single unit. That does not make it a 12 core CPU. It's probably best to explain with a flow schematic:

cores-treated-equally.jpg

That chart basically explains that on an APU everything is treated equally by sharing the same RAM but the CPU and GPU cores still run independent of each other. Because the RAM is shared RAM then everything is unified and the APU would perform as if it's a 12 core CPU. But if you take away the shared RAM, you'd still have 4 cores for the CPU and 8 cores for the GPU.

Solution