Dell laptop not booting past Dell splash screen hearing Audible beep from beneath keyboard

senorcrunch

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
Thats what I had been thinking, however I don't have a different laptop to try the current hard drive in. Would I be able to hook it into my PC via SATA? Or does it have to be a different laptop. I leave work in 30 minutes and will pull it out and give more details if needed.

senorcrunch

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
Great I will give it a try when I get home, Now should I disconnect the current hard drive in my PC when I do this so it does not try to boot from there or just go into the boot menu before it tries to boot up and select the laptop hard drive? Should I be worried about any cross-corruption if I have my PC hard drive hooked up while the laptop one is too?

senorcrunch

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
OK digitaldoc, I have taken your advice and hooked my laptop HD into my desktop via SATA, loaded up onto my main drive. I did hear that audible beep I heard when trying to boot the laptop up so I believe we have isolated it to a HD issue. Is there any way to tell if this HD is completely busted from here?