Dell laptop not powering up

mrgarrison1301

Commendable
Feb 2, 2017
Hello,
My Dell 15 5548 laptop charger broke and, as i really needed the laptop that day, i tried fixing it before i will buy a new one. I gave it to a friend
and told him what the cable order is and how to glue them. Apparently, he placed them differently which led to reversed polarity and no boot up from
the laptop. I bought a new charger and tried it as well, still no result, no led indicator is glowing, nothing. I'm thinking the motherboard might
be the issue, do they have some sort of protection, or they just short and you have to replace them? Sorry, my english might be bad here and there.

Solution
Usually reversing the polarity on a power plug results in bypassing the security feature to begin with thus it can be highly possible that your friend burnt the power input to your laptop. That is one end of the story, finding a motherboard for your laptop is going to be a big hurdle depending on your laptop's SKU and specs.

Mind sharing the laptop's SKU? If the price of a motherboard equates to a brand new laptop, I'd suggest that you salvage the HDD and transfer all the data you had prior.

Lutfij

Splendid
Usually reversing the polarity on a power plug results in bypassing the security feature to begin with thus it can be highly possible that your friend burnt the power input to your laptop. That is one end of the story, finding a motherboard for your laptop is going to be a big hurdle depending on your laptop's SKU and specs.

Mind sharing the laptop's SKU? If the price of a motherboard equates to a brand new laptop, I'd suggest that you salvage the HDD and transfer all the data you had prior.

Solution
depending on the age of the laptop and the vendor some laptops now have small power boards do to shorts from bad ac adaptors and broken power pins. check on your laptop that the power pin not broken or lose.
google the model and words service parts or system board to see what the cost of the mb is.

mrgarrison1301

Commendable
Feb 2, 2017

Thank you for your reply! My laptop's SKU is 259HW32.