Dell latitude 7280 will not power up, doesn't have removable battery help!

Oct 9, 2018
Dell latitude 7280 will not power up, doesn't have removable battery help! No removable/accessible battery. No lights come on. Nothing happens when I depress power button. Have plugged, unplugged, changed chargers to no avail. Did I say help?

Solution

Ok I hope you have good luck that's the only 3 things I can think of
Oct 9, 2018
Ok so it can only be 3 things solution 1 which is easiest is to take it apart and make sure the mother board screws didn't work loose from the daughter board which if loose will cause no power at all solution 2: replace the dc jack which is what the charger plugs into or solution 3: you may need to replace the daughter board which controls the power from the dc jack this is located in the top left corner inside after removing the mother board

Oct 9, 2018

Thanks, I'll start on her this morning and see if it's one of the three things you suggested! MUCH appreciated. Will report back.

Oct 9, 2018

Ok I hope you have good luck that's the only 3 things I can think of

Solution
Oct 9, 2018

It was the motherboard; replaced and all is good! Whew! Thanks for the advice. Also, the earphone jack had not been working consistently prior to...another indicator (according to Dell) that it was a motherboard issue. Who knew? Well...probably you, but...

Oct 9, 2018

Good glad you got it working and I am happy to help anytime.