Dell Latitude E6400 - Fingerprint reader dead?

khrystyan27

Estimable
Feb 18, 2015
Hi guys!

I have a Dell Latitude E6400 laptop with a fingerprint reader, and after a long time, I've fount the correct drivers for Windows 8.1 X64 (in Device Manager it's shows up as ControlVault Device -> Dell ControlVault w/ Fingerprint Swipe Sensor), and I've installed DigitalPersona 6.2.1 for Windows 8.1 (as seen on Dell forums), and I've finally managed to make DigitalPersona detect my fingerprint sensor, but I can't register any fingerprint...

No matter how many times I swipe, or how much I press, there's no detection. Is the Fingerprint sensor dead?

Thank you for your help guys! :)

khrystyan27

Estimable
Feb 18, 2015
Thank you everyone for helping.

I've finally managed to make it fully functional. The correct order is (Driver for Windows 8.1 -> Fingerprint reader firmware update -> DigitalPersona 5 -> Digital Persona 6.2.1 update -> BIOS clear data). Now it's working flawlessly, and it's very accurate. The integration in Windows 8.1 is the best, and with DigitalPersona 6.2.1, you can log-in to Skype, Yahoo Messenger with just one swipe. :)

If anyone has the same problem, PM me, I can provide all the programs and help, to fix the problem with Windows 8.1 and Fingerprint reader on Dell laptops. :)

MOISES FAJARDO

Estimable
Jun 30, 2015

MOISES FAJARDO

Estimable
Jun 30, 2015
Hello khrystyan27 i am mo ilustracion.cultural@gmail.com and i have this problem with the fingerprint reader , im running win 8 and do not have the software can you help me , thank you very much ....