Solved! dell latitude e6430 heatsink and fan upgrade

Jul 16, 2021
hello everyone,
i am looking to upgrade my cpu, an intel core i5-3320M to an intel core i7-3840QM, but i know that the i5 is a 35W processor, and the i7 is a 45W one, so i m worried about overheating, and this is the last thing i need right now. so, with that being said, can anyone tell me about any kind of cooling upgrade substantial enough to stop the new processor from overheating? thank you very much

Solution
Thermal design is complex engineering. I would be reluctant to mess with it. Since you are dealing with a rather old machine it seems, I would advise a new laptop rather than a bandaid.
Jul 16, 2021
Thermal design is complex engineering. I would be reluctant to mess with it. Since you are dealing with a rather old machine it seems, I would advise a new laptop rather than a bandaid.

hey, man
thanks for the reply
i was actually thinking about the same thing, and i was even thinking about the fact that all the parts i need to upgrade the laptop cost more than the laptop was when i bought it, so i might actually sell this, and with the cash from it and the money for the parts i might actually buy a decent laptop.
thanks for the help