Dell n5010 not booting up with battery ok with ac adaptor

1dt

Estimable
Dec 3, 2014
Hi just over 3 weeks ago my machine would not boot up on a fully charged battery. In fact it would not switch on unless I plugged into the mains. The odd thing is that while plugged in the original dell battery shows fully charged and there is a continuous flashing orange light while plugged in. Replaced it with a non original new battery. Still does not boot up.
Can any one help or the tech experts at dell guide me please? I have to keep plugged in to use the laptop.

sleepydroid

Estimable
Dec 4, 2014
Turn the computer on and press f2 on the dell slash screen should take you to the bios.

3/4 down the screen should say adaptor then next to it should say 60w or 90w or may say something like unknown .. This will let you if the charges or dc port is faulty..

Let us know what you get

pcmagic

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013
So you have two batteries, 1 is an OEM dell battery that came with the laptop and is old, another battery that you have is a non-OEM battery that doesnt work?

Do you have more details about this? Its hard to follow what you mean. Please spell it out for us so we might be able to research it.

sleepydroid makes a good point. inside the BIO's there is a battery screen that will tell you the condition of the batteries, either good, bad, etc. can you check this too please?