Dell Notebook won't boot up in safe mode

bobbywheel

Estimable
Mar 7, 2014
I recently installed a program called CCleaner which found a number of errors in my registry. I clicked on the link to have them fixed then re-booted up my Dell Notebook. It only boots as far as the windows logo screen then after a short while it cuts off to a blank screen. I managed to get to the screen that offers all the options to go to safe mode etc but it does not work, even restoring my Notebook to an earlier time does not work either. I have read of some users who have had the same problem and the advice given was mostly to re-install windows 7. I have a Notebook which does not have a cd/dvd tray so could you tell me how I could re-install windows say even using a usb stick and if that is my only option how I would achieve making a windows recovery usb stick. Thank you.

RealBeast

Distinguished
First go an get a disk image for Win 7 SP1 using a different computer from HERE, just be sure to get the same version that you currently use -- Win 7 Home 64bit for example.

Then download the tool and read the instructions HERE to make a USB installer stick. Then start up with the USB stick selected as the first boot choice.