Dell Overheating - Shutdown (NO DUST THERE)

Aug 14, 2018
Hi I have Dell Inspiron N5010.

I beliive I have an overheating problem. My system is fully formatted, so only in dos. Im installing windows. Laptop turns on. CD loading files and then pooof it turns off automatically. Fan going at max speed. I have cleaned the heatsink (fully dust free). I installed a brand new fan. I also put in new thermal paste. I fully cleaned the motherboard too with isopropyl alcohol and let it dry for hours. I am out of options.

Anyone found a fix as I am not sure what to do. Laptop is old and out of warranty. Lol i accidentally took the hardisk out today for cleaning, now its locked. Dell says to pay to get hdisk locked. Never going to buy from them.

So any solutions.??????????

prince_xaine

Prominent
Feb 3, 2018
Honestly, I don't think that computer is worth you hard effort and time/money to get working. But if you really want to get it working above all else, I'd suggest underclocking your CPU in power options (Limiting processor power) in Windows. I did this to "fix" an old computer until I bought a new one. If not, it seems you've already done everything you can. The problem with old computers, especially laptops, is that the CPU's tend to run hotter over time as they age. Don't really know why. Anyways, best of luck. :)