Dell XPS 17 screen fades when I remove charger

saadbm

Prominent
Mar 5, 2017
My dell xps 17 screen fades to almost unreadable when I remove the charger and comes back to normal as I continue to use my computer. RAM tested and checked. It's working fine. How can I fix this?

Lutfij

Splendid
How long does the screen take to become normal operable backlighting? You're sure it's not your eyes adjusting to the screens lower brightness? Have you tried upping the brightness of your laptop screen when powered by the battery? There are shortcut keys located anywhere on the arrow keys or the function keys which are accessible after depressing the Fn key and the key to adjust your brightness.
e.g:
ch000594-kb-dell-xps.jpg

To add more to advice, you might also want to open Power options(from Control Pane) and adjust the minimum brightness settings when running on battery as opposed to a charger/plugged in.

It'd be a good idea if you could pass on the SKU for your laptop.

saadbm

Prominent
Mar 5, 2017

SKU: Oxpcg3

But that won't be of any real help. It takes less than 10 seconds to get back to normal. And no, neither my eyes have any issues nor the screen brightness because the same level has been set for both on power and on battery settings. I am not a basic user. I know what I am talking about. My BIOS driver has also been updated.