Question Dell XPS 9570 -My Blacks and shadows are Crushed & Pixelated

Jul 31, 2019
Dell XPS 9570 -My Blacks and shadows are Crushed & Pixelated. What might be the solution to this? Although the bright parts and highlights reproduce colors perfectly, the dark parts look so worse. Also, there's a color banding problem in dark and shadow parts. Help?

Jul 31, 2019
In everything or just some things? Did you try anything already? Set to max color and bit depth settings? Brightness and Contrast not set to max or something? Install the latest video drivers from Dell?
Only during the video playback on VLC, Windows Media Player, Youtube, Facebook, Vimeo or viewing images on any application (Photoshop, Lightroom, Windows Photo Viewer, etc.) when there's a shadow in a photo. When there's no video or image, everything looks fine and crisp. The overall UI looks intact and fine to my eyes. The problem is only when I playback the videos or photos.
You can refer to this link to see the problems.

View: https://www.facebook.com/sudipesenes/posts/1120697808130751

Last edited:

hang-the-9

Titan
Those issues are with the compression in the images when the grey bit depth is too low or they are compressed, part of it is the screen, part is the video drivers, part is the video. I get this with my videos also in many instances. Make sure you are on the latest video drivers and that your video options are set to best quality in the driver options.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MrChard39 Laptop Tech Support 0
Reh@n Laptop Tech Support 3
TehAsezOner Laptop Tech Support 0
Philbert24 Laptop Tech Support 1
Indigo79 Laptop Tech Support 9
M Laptop Tech Support 3
D Laptop Tech Support 5
Thaboss6 Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 6
khushit Laptop Tech Support 3