Solved! Dell XPS 9570 -My Blacks and shadows are Crushed & Pixelated

Jul 31, 2019
Dell XPS 9570 -My Blacks and shadows are Crushed & Pixelated. What might be the solution to this? Although the bright parts and highlights reproduce colors perfectly, the dark parts look so worse. Also, there's a color banding problem in dark and shadow parts. Help?

Solution
Those issues are with the compression in the images when the grey bit depth is too low or they are compressed, part of it is the screen, part is the video drivers, part is the video. I get this with my videos also in many instances. Make sure you are on the latest video drivers and that your video options are set to best quality in the driver options.
Jul 31, 2019
In everything or just some things? Did you try anything already? Set to max color and bit depth settings? Brightness and Contrast not set to max or something? Install the latest video drivers from Dell?
Only during the video playback on VLC, Windows Media Player, Youtube, Facebook, Vimeo or viewing images on any application (Photoshop, Lightroom, Windows Photo Viewer, etc.) when there's a shadow in a photo. When there's no video or image, everything looks fine and crisp. The overall UI looks intact and fine to my eyes. The problem is only when I playback the videos or photos.
You can refer to this link to see the problems.

View: https://www.facebook.com/sudipesenes/posts/1120697808130751

Last edited:
Those issues are with the compression in the images when the grey bit depth is too low or they are compressed, part of it is the screen, part is the video drivers, part is the video. I get this with my videos also in many instances. Make sure you are on the latest video drivers and that your video options are set to best quality in the driver options.

Solution
Oct 11, 2019
I had three calls and one visit from Dell Support and guess what: THE PROBLEM IS FINALLY SOLVED!
The problem is, that windows or other apps fail to switch between intel gpu and the graphic card. I tried everything and noticed, that the banding wasn't noticeable, when you deactivate the intel gpu in the device manager. Dell replaced my mainboard, but the problem was still there.
Here's the summary from Dell support:
Uninstalling the Intel Graphics Driver with the Device Manager Method
Open the Device Manager by following the steps specific to your operating system:
Search for the Intel graphics driver.
Right-click the Intel video driver and select Uninstall.
Select the Delete the driver software for this device check box.
The system must reboot to complete the uninstallation process.
Install the Intel Graphics Driver
The best way is to search for the driver on the Intel homepage or on the Dell page.
After the manual driver installation, the problem should be solved.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/de...93.1323158574.1527882374-252919103.1527882374
The cause ; a driver problem
Problems with the graphics card driver can result in image errors or poor graphics performance. With other drivers, there is a risk that the device will not function correctly or at all. In addition there are error messages of the operating system, crashes, or unstable applications. The performance of the operating system and its stability suffer most from outdated or faulty drivers.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
Hope this helps! Feel free to write me a pm, if you have questions!
My device: XPS 15 9570 with 4k Display