Dell XPS in Europe: please give us more customization options!

WikzoDK

Estimable
Nov 5, 2015
The new Dell XPS 15 and 13 laptops look amazing. HOWEVER, in Europe the customization options are quite limited, meaning that some people are forced into either waiting or buying a setup that they don't need/want.

For example, I would love to buy the XPS 15 with FHD (non-touchscreen), the bigger battery, 512 GB SSD and i7. But, sadly, I can't. Only if I live in the US or maybe Canada.

That's why I decided to create a petition to show Dell that there is a demand for more customization options in Europe as well. At least it would be nice to know when/if we can expect more models in the future.

I would appreciate if you'd consider signing it. Thanks.

Dell XPS: give us more customization options in Europe!

MarcoW

Estimable
Nov 6, 2015
Not going to happen. Europe has much stronger return policy / consumer protection than the USA. As we do not have to pay "hidden fines" like restocking fees, return postage etc etc.. it probably does not make financial sense for dell to offer customization on laptops that will be difficult to resell if they were to be returned or need refurbishment. Offering this would either eat into their margins, or drive up prices at the point of sale. I know which they would choose.

WikzoDK

Estimable
Nov 5, 2015
Hm, I don't know. Haven't bough a Dell computer for many years, but it seems like Europe previously had more customization options with other hardware.