Solved! Dell XPS m1530

NoahP

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011
My dell runs hot!
the processor runs at 65-75 celsuis:D
graphics card after youtube or movies runs at 77-75 Celsuis:D is this to hot? is my laptop gonnna die?"D be great to hear back:D thanks also is there a way to upgrade GPU and Ram? thanks

Solution
Hello,

yes 75 is relatively hot, but not too bad, if it goes above 85 then that's an issue, since it will start throttling at that point and if it goes beyond that it can shutoff.

will your laptop die? don't know, depends how hard you overheat it, if the temps stay in 75 range you will be ok I think.

as far as upgrades, GPU - no, RAM - yes.

AntiZig

Distinguished
Hello,

yes 75 is relatively hot, but not too bad, if it goes above 85 then that's an issue, since it will start throttling at that point and if it goes beyond that it can shutoff.

will your laptop die? don't know, depends how hard you overheat it, if the temps stay in 75 range you will be ok I think.

as far as upgrades, GPU - no, RAM - yes.

Solution

NoahP

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011

thanks=) also its really loud! should i take to dell?

mrcunni

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011

I would make sure you clean out the fan area. After a couple of years of normal use these can get clogged with dirt/dust/hair and cause everything to run hotter than normal.

Since it is running the fan full speed to keep up it causes the system to be extremely loud as well.