Democratic Senator Wants Internet Sales Tax

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
[citation][nom]abottig[/nom]FACTS:Taxes for ALL Americans are the LOWEST they have EVER been. Obama tried to ELIMINATE the cuts for the rich, while extending the cuts for the rest of us.TOO BAD the Republicans couldn't have it that way. They made sure the rich got their tax cut, then they turned around and SLASHED programs for the middleclass.Sure, this Durbin idea is atrocious, but if you've been keeping up with the news, you know which party REALLY stands for ALL of us, and not just the most wealthy among us.Stop watching Faux News.[/citation]

One should ALSO stop watching More Snotty Nonsense by Creeps (MSNBC). Face it the big national news channels only broadcast for ratings when comes down to it, and they play us all like saps. To be honest I don't fully trust any of the national news agencies. You have to watch or read all of them to even begin to get a sense of what's really going on. Same goes for those in Washington in a lot of ways.

G

I want democratic senators to kill themselves after they apologize for fucking up our country

Sabiancym

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
Gee, do you think part of the reason we have economic problems is our citizens doing anything and everything to avoid paying taxes??

Jesus people. You can only have it one way. Pay your taxes, or don't and watch us fall into debt. Stop bitching.

redraider89

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
How about we just lower the taxes on brick and mortar stores rather than raise taxes on ANYTHING? if Dickey Durban would cut taxes, there would be more commerce and buying going on and would make up for the lower taxes revenue. But he is a Democrat and the only solution he has for anything is to give him and the government more money. That is his solution to EVERYTHING. When are we going to do something about HIS GREED?

G

Most of the stuff I buy online IS NOT AVAILABLE in B&M stores. Period. So there's no ufair competition AND I have to pay shipping. Durbin the Dick would tax brating if he could.

redraider89

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
[citation][nom]jjamess[/nom]Some kind of online tax is needed. Local shops have higher overhead AND the customer pays tax. Online shops have nearly no overhead and don't require taxes. No matter how slim the local shops margins, they simply can't compete with that. Now with shipping for online stores and higher overhead for the small local shops, it evens the playing field.I don't want to pay taxes, I doubt anyone does. But this needs to be done in order to stimulate local business. This will be nightmare to implement though. Simple enough for the major web stores, but there are simply so many small shops out there that it would be a mess.[/citation]

NO, the taxes for local shops need to be cut to make them competitive. They have to mark up everything nearly 10% just to pay the government. Each business has it's on advantages. With brick and mortar, you can go see it and touch it and get it within minutes if you want where you can't actually see or touch what you are buying until you get it and that isn't until about a week later. Plus, it's much easier to return an item at a brick and mortar store where online it's almost not worth returning something to an online store. If I wanted to buy $500 of computer stuff and went to a B&M store, it would cost me nearly $50 more for sales tax, where if I bought online I'd pay only $20 shipping. So, if the government would lower taxes so that I would spend $30 instead of $50 in sale taxes, I'd much more likely to get it at a B&M store and that would help the B&M store and NOT HURT ME and everyone else by having to pay more taxes.

G

Over all when is it enough? I am paying over 30% in taxes. Tax from my check and others like sales, auto, and property taxes.
And every branch of government is still crying for more to do less.
When is the breaking point??40% 50% 60% 75%....

Where is most of the money being lost.
What were taxes like for other civilizations in the past?
How far are we from being the most taxed culture?

30% sounds like enough to me

I laugh when I think about tax debt. Money you owe for money you made lol.... debt for money you earned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS