Denon Receiver Clicking Randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acelondoner

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013
Hi guys,

I have a Denon 3312 receiver which I purchased through Ebay recently. I have it hooked up to my PC via a hdmi cable to the video card (Nvidia 1060). The speakers connected are 4x Monitor Audio Bronze 2's, Monitor Audio Center, no subwoofer atm.

The receiver keeps randomly making clicking sounds similar to when the mode changes from stereo to multi channel. It can be really bad sometimes like it clicks 10+ times within a second or two and it also makes a grinding noise when that happens.

I look at the display when it clicks and it doesn't change mode.

Sometimes the speakers cut off when the clicking happens. I was watching a blu-ray yesterday and it just shut off the surround and center speakers half way through with only the front left and right working. However, the receiver still displayed dts hd decoding.

Is the receiver screwed or could it be due to it being hooked up to PC, something else?

Is the receiver screwed?

Acelondoner

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013
Thanks for the link @Kango69

I lifted the front of the receiver and dropped it. As I did, the relay clicked and it has been fine since! So it seems it is a temporary fix, I don't know how long it'll last though. I think I'll look into replacing the relay and checking solder joints.

Status
Not open for further replies.