Solved! Desktop Asire M3910 Bios not see extra drives

Sep 15, 2020
Hi, couldnt find Desktop Forum here!
I have a older Aspire M3910 and Installed Win 10 on it 64 Bit I7 CPU and migrated all my old win 7 from another computer over to it and all works perfectly.
I can also send to another HD via a USB caddy and that is totally ok.
Problem was the Bios was set to RAID and boot drive was loaded under that and i couldnt get bios to see any extra drives put in SATA slots 3&4
So made changes in registry and changed bios to ACHI and Boot drive works fine BUT Bios still dosent see the drives and all i get is clicking and cant even get into Bios now and after some time Windows boots up and they not seen there either. Tried 3 diff drives which i know are ok plus they cant all be bad logically.
Spoke to ACER and they said Win 10 not supported ect and that might be problem BUT boot drive/windows ect all working perfectly so
why cant bios see the extra drives and jamming the computer a bit? Boot drive is in sata 1 and DVD in Sata 2. both working correctly.
Acer told me only 4 out of the 6 sata slots actually work even though 6 are on board?? hmm
Thanks for any assistance.

Solution
the official desktop forum would be on www.tomshardware.com
but we can try solving your issue here as well :)

Try connecting a different not yet seen drive to SATA 1. Does it show up in BIOS?

did you try different SATA data cables and power connectors from the PSU?

Did you try SATA5&6 ?

Is the latest BIOS update installed?

replace the CMOS battery
the official desktop forum would be on www.tomshardware.com
but we can try solving your issue here as well :)

Try connecting a different not yet seen drive to SATA 1. Does it show up in BIOS?

did you try different SATA data cables and power connectors from the PSU?

Did you try SATA5&6 ?

Is the latest BIOS update installed?

replace the CMOS battery

Solution