Dialogue sound on my TV is always lower than background sound (film watching).

venom0706

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
I've noticed that whenever I watch a Blu-Ray film on my TV (Samsung), the sound when characters are talking is always lower than during actions scenes, etc.

This results in constantly raising the volume up during a dialogue and lowering it down during an action scene as it becomes too loud.

Any idea what settings I should change in order to make the sound even? Thank you and appreciated.

Solution
What you are experiencing is quite common. Speakers in TVs. cheap soundbars and surround systems do not sound the same at low and high volume. Regular TV programming doesn't usually show this as much since they assume mediocre audio and keep the dynamic range limited and the voices prominent. BD discs give you the full dynamic range of film soundtracks and show off the problem more.
You can select a lower quality audio track from the disc menu.
You can try to change some of the settings in the BD player audio menu. Night mode will limit dynamics if you have that option.
You can check the TV audio menu to see if there are any settings that help with dialogue clarity.
What you are experiencing is quite common. Speakers in TVs. cheap soundbars and surround systems do not sound the same at low and high volume. Regular TV programming doesn't usually show this as much since they assume mediocre audio and keep the dynamic range limited and the voices prominent. BD discs give you the full dynamic range of film soundtracks and show off the problem more.
You can select a lower quality audio track from the disc menu.
You can try to change some of the settings in the BD player audio menu. Night mode will limit dynamics if you have that option.
You can check the TV audio menu to see if there are any settings that help with dialogue clarity.

Solution