Solved! Did I get duped or not?

jeaniebeanie

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2011
Bought a new 40" Samsung LCD HDTV from PC Richards. Salesman explained I needed 120 Hz for my new HDTV service and steered me towards this particular one. When I got home and was assembling the stand on it I noticed on the permanent tag on the back tat also posts the serial number this- "AC 110-120 V- 60 Hz- 180 W". There is no mention of Hz for this particular set on the box or in the manual. On the PC Richards site I can find this model exactly and it states it is 120 Hz. Why doesn't it state that instead of 60 Hz I wonder?

Solution
The 60hz is the frequency of the ac power that comes from your wall outlet. The 120hz that the salesman mentioned is the screen refresh rate of the LCD panel in the TV. The salesman however was not truthful. You do not NEED this to use with your HD service but it will minimize motion artifacts which most people find very annoying.
The 60hz is the frequency of the ac power that comes from your wall outlet. The 120hz that the salesman mentioned is the screen refresh rate of the LCD panel in the TV. The salesman however was not truthful. You do not NEED this to use with your HD service but it will minimize motion artifacts which most people find very annoying.

Solution

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
Just a rule of thumb, salesmen/employees in chain stores like best-buy, circuit city, compusa...etc...etc...generally

HAVE NO CLUE WTF THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT!

So whatever they say...never take it seriously.

anwaypasible

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
you hit the nail on the head with quite a few ways.

and you are right.

doesnt matter if it is product based or psychology based.. they have no clue what they are talking about.
because..
1. nobody comes in there to argue with them about specifications and technology.
and
2. all of their actions of psychology are supposed to be based on what the person says to the questions.. as well as the persons body language and energy radiating off of the person.

a script for a script is of no clue.. you are absolutely right.

'tell the truth' is training.
but
responding with 1 out of 100 different possible replies is psychology training.

be yourself and tell the truth.