Question HDMI ARC not working without connecting to dish TV

shravansp24

Commendable
Nov 29, 2016
My connection details
  1. HDMI out(ARC) from home theatre(Sony HT IV300) to TV(Vu QDV65)'s HDMI1 ARC
  2. My Airtel DTH's HDMI out to TV's HDMI 2
*There is no direct connection between the Home theatre and the Airtel DTH

As stupid as it may sound, if I turn off my Airtel DTH, and I'm playing some content from YouTube/Netflix/Hard Disk from my TV, my home theatre's speakers are muted i.e, ARC doesn't work!
Only if my Airtel DTH is on, ARC is working

Optical SPDIF to HT is working when Airtel DTH is on or off...

Tried all possible software options, changed all the cables but ending up with the same problem

Also with my older TV, I have a similar issue i.e, if I don't connect my Airtel DTH, my home theatre's UI lags alot and stops responding to my remote controls input and I have to hard reboot it.

This is soo confusing since there's no direct connection between the DTH and the HT but still the HT is working properly only with the DTH turned on :/

Any solution for the ARC to work even when the Airtel DTH is turned off is appreciated

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
L Streaming Video & TVs 2
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
L Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
H Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 2
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
X Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
H Streaming Video & TVs 1
F Streaming Video & TVs 2
E Streaming Video & TVs 1
Similar threads
Last person using tv in motel, connected a fire stick for gaming. Now the universal remote doesn’t work properly - how to f
Solved! For AV or RCA connections only TV will an adapter with the Roku Ultra work? An adaptor that the Roku will hook into but the
Solved! Tata sky HDMI to Philips LED monitor VGA input cable how is it the work , this function connected to see what quality @ HDMI?
Solved! I have Acoustimass 10 series 4 if we connect to 4K tv it will work good
Solved! I've bought a Telefunken smart TV, but my android TV box does not want to connect with it. It works fine on other tvs. What ca
Solved! I have Sony wireless headphones wh-rf400 and a lg pled tv and can’t get connection to work . Can you help?
Can't ge connected surround sound to work with laptop, despite both connected to TV
The dvd player works and so does netflix but i cant get my comcast cable tv . How do I connect the cable box to the dvd player
Lc-le604ousharp was working fine I moved it and caught the power cord it pulled at the connection and bent it out but didn't b
Pyle PT595AUBT 5.1 digital receiver-subwoofer and surround speakers not working. Connections are solid. Any suggestions?
Samsung no wifi connect, remote not working
I want to connect Sony 49 inches w672e tv to Harman kardon receiver I tried its not working
I have a Sony tv.and it connect to a Bose Lifestyle 12 surround system everything works and tv speakers are on fixed so the so
Hi everyone, I just bought a chromecast and when I tried to connect it with my LG TV who has one HDMI port , it didn’t work
Our HDMI connection is not working with our TV anymore after a lightning strike can I fix it or does it mean a new box?
YAMAHA RX-V379 HDMI ARC Connection to Samsung TV Not Working
I have comcast xfinity, per their instructions, I added a splitter to send 1 end to TV, works well but cannot connect regularc
I have a vizio smart tv and none of the hdmi or component ports work is there a way to get my android box to connect and play
I have red white and yellow cable connection on my tv what do I hook that into so that my tv works.
On Win10 my big screen TV is connected via HDMI. It works ok as primary monitor, but will not work as secondary. It hangs for

ASK THE COMMUNITY