Did Samsung Tease the Galaxy S III Smartphone at CES?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDVINASM

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Had Galaxy S2. The fastest and most beautiful phone to me yet. Gave it to my wife, never got back :) Will definitely look into S3 when it comes out. Can't wait for some reviews.

MrSiko

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
Hmm.

Looks like a rendering, especially with the rounded corners of the display.

Played with a friends Galaxy Note the other day. Lovely thing it was, amazing sized screen, so slim it was crazy, yet totally solid feel. This rendering does look like a cut-down Note.

We will see...

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
Have the S2 with me. The size it's perfect for me, even a 5" screen would still be fine. Have deep pockets, lol.

Anyway, let's hope the S3 is an upgrade from every angle and not just a step up.

Oh, and hope they ditch the 3D idea on it!

Cheers!

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
So the battery life will be what - like 6 hours between full charges?

I really wish the smartphone developers would focus more on the battery life instead of adding things that drain your battery faster.

Just saying...

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
12MP camera... I wish companies would start educate customers that 'too many' PM, espscially in tiny lens smart phones and Pads are not actually that helpful or desirable.

Have yet to see a cell phone that can take photos that come close to even a low end SLR or even a decent compact.
There is just no room for the needed optics on these small devices and consumers should learn that before spending $600 on a phone.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Netherscourge[/nom]So the battery life will be what - like 6 hours between full charges?I really wish the smartphone developers would focus more on the battery life instead of adding things that drain your battery faster.Just saying...[/citation]

how about makeing the phone thicker so a bigger battery can be placed inside?

icemunk

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]how about makeing the phone thicker so a bigger battery can be placed inside?[/citation]
There will be tons of extended life batteries available with a new backcover that will fit perfectly.

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]12MP camera... I wish companies would start educate customers that 'too many' PM, espscially in tiny lens smart phones and Pads are not actually that helpful or desirable.Have yet to see a cell phone that can take photos that come close to even a low end SLR or even a decent compact.There is just no room for the needed optics on these small devices and consumers should learn that before spending $600 on a phone.[/citation]

Agreed, the camera should not be a selling point of a phone, unless there is REAL improvement made. My Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch has a nice camera for causal photos, but if I were to take any serious pictures I would use my $80 digital camera first, the quality is just better. And $600 isn't bad for full retail, I would be surprised if the GSIII was less than $800.

[citation][nom]hoof_hearted[/nom]As long as they don't skimp on the micro SD slot.[/citation]

Yes, it's time for Micro SDXC compatibility, the price of Micro SD cards continue to decline, so it makes logical sense to step up the compatibility.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]drapacioli[/nom]Agreed, the camera should not be a selling point of a phone, unless there is REAL improvement made. My Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch has a nice camera for causal photos, but if I were to take any serious pictures I would use my $80 digital camera first, the quality is just better. And $600 isn't bad for full retail, I would be surprised if the GSIII was less than $800.Yes, it's time for Micro SDXC compatibility, the price of Micro SD cards continue to decline, so it makes logical sense to step up the compatibility.[/citation]

Mew mew mew, why dont they have less megapixels? Go get a phone with less megapixels if that's what you want. You don't know that the image quality on this one is worse, you are just buying into the anti-megapixel hype (just like some buy into the pro-megapixel hype). See test shots, then conclude.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]joebob2000[/nom]Mew mew mew, why dont they have less megapixels? Go get a phone with less megapixels if that's what you want. You don't know that the image quality on this one is worse, you are just buying into the anti-megapixel hype (just like some buy into the pro-megapixel hype). See test shots, then conclude.[/citation]

Nothing to do with 'anti-megapixel hype'.
Read a little about optics, lenses and electronic noise; than you will understand what the limit of a camera in a phone is and why large megapixel numbers do not make sense.

That's the problem; PR and Sales types taking advantage of ignorant or uneducated consumers. Same with the MPG on cars; they always quoting Highway values, as if we all spent the majority of our driving as traveling salesmen on the Interstate; and not in the gas guzzling downtowns.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
well my n8 is a 12 megapixell and its a insanly good camera mobile and if you take and make it so it dont compress the pictures to more then 10-8 mb you get extremly good pics, for a mobile device

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]brandoncatz[/nom]So, when are the Droid users going to turn on Samsung and start complaining about the slight spec boost and annual model refresh?[/citation]
If they don't like it they can always take the moral high-ground and not release their own upgraded handsets
Ummm, actually that would be commercial suicide

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]12MP camera... I wish companies would start educate customers that 'too many' PM, espscially in tiny lens smart phones and Pads are not actually that helpful or desirable.Have yet to see a cell phone that can take photos that come close to even a low end SLR or even a decent compact.There is just no room for the needed optics on these small devices and consumers should learn that before spending $600 on a phone.[/citation]

I totally agree. Anything over 8MP on these devices is a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.