Difference between computer 3D and 3DTV 3D

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
I have no intention of buying a 3D television simply because my eyes can't support the technology. One of my eyes decays faster than the other causing double vision which is problematic with 3D.

Anyway, I want to know what difference, if any, there is between the stereoscopic 3D of any major graphics card for computers and the 3D of Sony 3DTVs.

If you guys could help me out I'm really curious about this, thanks. Seems like a sham to me.

Solution
Inquiring minds need to know these things.
3D on the computer is animation, and the effect is viewed in 2D. It's actually a mirage.
3D on the TV is filmed with a stereoscopic camera, a two lens camera, and the image is reconstituted by the 3D glasses. And I can't say the affect upon the eyes, but I suspect it will not be pleasant in the long run.
I'm going to stick with standard TV, you should do the same.
Inquiring minds need to know these things.
3D on the computer is animation, and the effect is viewed in 2D. It's actually a mirage.
3D on the TV is filmed with a stereoscopic camera, a two lens camera, and the image is reconstituted by the 3D glasses. And I can't say the affect upon the eyes, but I suspect it will not be pleasant in the long run.
I'm going to stick with standard TV, you should do the same.

Solution