Solved! Difference between storage in Laptop (Asus Rog Strix Scar 15 G533QS)

Sep 7, 2021
Hello, I'm planning to buy the Asus Rog Strix Scar 15 GS533QS. I noticed there are two types of models that have differences in their storage. I'd like to ask the differences between "2 x 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD" and "2TB - 2 x 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD (Raid 0)"?

I don't know what the Raid 0 means or if it will pose any disadvantages to the Laptop. Will it be better to have a 2TB SSD Storage with Raid 0 or without?

Solution
Hello, I'm planning to buy the Asus Rog Strix Scar 15 GS533QS. I noticed there are two types of models that have differences in their storage. I'd like to ask the differences between "2 x 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD" and "2TB - 2 x 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD (Raid 0)"?

I don't know what the Raid 0 means or if it will pose any disadvantages to the Laptop. Will it be better to have a 2TB SSD Storage with Raid 0 or without?
Avoid the RAID 0 like the Corona virus.
Avoid completely.

It is the same space overall, 2TB.

The RAID 0 brings extra complexity and fail potential.

USAFRet

Illustrious

Avoid the RAID 0 like the Corona virus.
Avoid completely.

It is the same space overall, 2TB.

The RAID 0 brings extra complexity and fail potential.

Reactions: Luze009
Solution