Different connections for networking

Apr 26, 2018
First time poster and I will gladly purchase products recommended to change if you believe they will work better to help support you!

We live in an all cement and brick house. The main internet connection comes into my office and via WiFi, tried broadcasting but to no big success. Bought some of those extenders that work through the electric system and they do send a good download speed to the other places via Cat5.

But there is the rub.

My wife's computer, a Sony Win7 Pro gets a great download speed. But won't send anything out upload wise via the Cat5. -0-, Zero, Nada, Zilch. Speedtest.net suggests burying the computer and giving it last rites as it relates to the upload speed.

So I also bought a TP-Link Model RE306, AC1200 WiFi Range Extender. Plugged that in directly on the other side of the wall where my TP-Link Model TL-WR720N Wireless N Router is. Connected to that, she gets crappy download speed, but at least she can upload something. Speedtest asks why are you even bothering to download anything, it would be faster to travel tot he source and get it rather than trying to download.

Speedtest is so judgmental. ;)

So I'd like to be able to use the Cat5 connected to the Netgear WPN824N router for download. And then use the wireless aspect for the upload.

That gang (is but one of) my problem(s).

Thanks!

Solution
So I'd like to be able to use the Cat5 connected to the Netgear WPN824N router for download. And then use the wireless aspect for the upload.

No, you need to fix whatever is wrong with the Win 7 system, or its associated powerline device.

Troubleshoot.
What happens with the Win 7 system with an actual ethernet cable direct to the router?

USAFRet

Illustrious

No, you need to fix whatever is wrong with the Win 7 system, or its associated powerline device.

Troubleshoot.
What happens with the Win 7 system with an actual ethernet cable direct to the router?

Solution