Difficulty connecting laptop to EPSON Powerlite 1830 Projector

Projector_Help

Estimable
Sep 29, 2015
Hi Guys!

I'm having some trouble connecting my laptop to my EPSON 1830 projector. My projector only has VGA input while my laptop has only HDMI output, so I bought a HDMI/VGA converter from this link:

http://www.amazon.com/Mnxo%C2%AE-Female-Video-Adapter-Convertor/dp/B00QFIQQ22/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

When using the computer, my computer does not recognize the projector at all. I thought it would be a problem with the converter, but I tried hooking up my computer to an external monitor via the adaptor, and that worked just fine. I then thought it was a projector problem, but I tried using the adaptor to hook up the projector to my Xbox360, and that also worked without a problem. I also tried using the adaptor with two of my friends computers (they are running Windows 10, whereas I am running OSX Yosemite), but that was not an issue. My friends computers have VGA output, and when connecting their computers to the projector using a regular VGA cable, there are no problems.

I thought the issue may have something to do with my adaptor not being "active" or perhaps there is some mismatch between the resolutions of the projector and the laptop, but I'm not entirely sure of what the issue is. I've looked at a number of other topics regarding similar issues, but nothing that I found was very helpful.

Any help that you can give would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!