Digital antenna hookup with a fire stick

Amy_426

Prominent
Jul 10, 2017
How do I hook up a digital antenna when I have a fire stick? I have one coax cable coming in. Do I need a splitter? If so, what kind?

Solution
Are you trying to feed 1 TV or multiple TVs? If just 1, then directly connect the antenna to the TV and don't mess with the coax that is feeding your internet. Multiple might be tough. You would have to connect to the outside where the coax is fed into the house. Put the modem on a direct connection from the incoming coax (use a barrel connector) and feed the antenna into whatever splitter is already there.

Amy_426

Prominent
Jul 10, 2017
Yes, the fire stick is hdmi, but my wifi was interrupted when I hooked up the antenna to the coax cable. I'm not very tech-knowledgeable, so bear with me.

Amy_426

Prominent
Jul 10, 2017

Amy_426

Prominent
Jul 10, 2017
Yes, my internet is fed by the coax cable. I hooked that cable up to the digital antenna, which worked, but obviously I lost internet. I'm assuming I need to split that coax cable and run one for internet and one for antenna. My question is, is this the correct way to do this?

kanewolf

Judicious
Are you trying to feed 1 TV or multiple TVs? If just 1, then directly connect the antenna to the TV and don't mess with the coax that is feeding your internet. Multiple might be tough. You would have to connect to the outside where the coax is fed into the house. Put the modem on a direct connection from the incoming coax (use a barrel connector) and feed the antenna into whatever splitter is already there.

Solution