Question Digital antennas

May 10, 2024
I live in a garden apartment, (If you're old enough, think Laverne and Shirley). Basically it's half underground. The standard rabbit ears or flat antennas have never worked for me no matter where I put them. I currently have Xfinity and I can't stand them. Before I go to YouTube TV I want to explore the option of a digital antenna. If I can't pull in a signal with an analog antenna might a digital one work better? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
It really depends on where you live and how far away you are from local transmitters. Since the cost for an antenna is relatively low, give it a shot.

Keep in mind, a digital antenna is not a replacement for cable offerings. You'll only receive standard networks and their "side channels". You won't receive the channels normally associated with cable/streaming (i.e., ESPN, CNN, etc).

May 10, 2024
It really depends on where you live and how far away you are from local transmitters. Since the cost for an antenna is relatively low, give it a shot.

Keep in mind, a digital antenna is not a replacement for cable offerings. You'll only receive standard networks and their "side channels". You won't receive the channels normally associated with cable/streaming (i.e., ESPN, CNN, etc).
Thanks. Local channels is all I want anyway.

May 10, 2024
No clue what they cost, but since I can get it from Amazon and return it if it doesn't work, I guess it's unlimited.

May 10, 2024
No I did not. Since I've tried them before and they didn't work I was advised by someone in the know, that it wasn't worth messing around with anymore. So I just went with YouTube TV

COLGeek

Cybernaut
No I did not. Since I've tried them before and they didn't work I was advised by someone in the know, that it wasn't worth messing around with anymore. So I just went with YouTube TV
Understood. As stated before, "you mileage may vary" in terms of how well they work in various locations.

YTTV isn't too bad, I'm not a fan of the channel/menu interface.