Solved! Digital audio converter to analogue

christianavrillon

Prominent
Jun 1, 2017
I have been trying to play sound from my samsumg smart TV series 7 to my outside external speakers via my marantz amplifier but without any success. I purchased a digital audio converter to analogue as my ampli is an old version. I first connected the optical cable to my TV in the digital audio output connection then into the converter connection. I then connected the red and white cable into the converter and then into the AUX connection of my ampli. I connected the audio converter for power then change the sound setting on my TV to external speakers. When trying to listnen for the sound all I hear is a rattling sound. I have followed the exact instructions but without any success. Can someone out there assist please. Many thanks. Christian

Solution
You may have to turn the optical output on and the TV speakers off. Check the manual.
The converter you purchased is not likely to work with a 5.1 digital audio output. You should be able to change the audio output type in the TV menu.

christianavrillon

Prominent
Jun 1, 2017
Hi, thank you for reverting back. The model of the Samung smart TV is UA55KU7000K and the model of the amplifier is Marantz Integrated amplifier model no. PM5003. Many thanks, Christian

christianavrillon

Prominent
Jun 1, 2017
Hi, Many thanks for your comments. I did turn on the optical on and TV speakers off but with no success. I need to check if the digital audio converter is compatible with my TV. Will have to speak to a samsung technical representative. Many thanks