Digital camera with manual focus ring

skg0009

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
Please suggest a Digital camera with manual focus ring (as in SLR) but low in cost.

thanks and regards,
Santosh

http://www.testfreaks.com/digitalcameras/fujifilm-finepix-s3280/
Watch the videos. I'm not sure whether or not it has a manual focus ring but it is under $200. Finding a digital SLR with a manual focus ring in that price range may be next to impossible. From a search it appears most start in the $400 and up range.

daveatclifton

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012

Hello,
If 5 megapixels is okay,then I think the Panasonic Fz-20 will meet your needs. I have one and was looking for a similar capable camera with more megapixels, but could not find another point and shoot with manual ring capability. It has great glass, feels real in your hand and takes great Picts. Good luck!

- dwa

killerb

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
Have to give a plus 1 for the Canon s100. It's a great camera with fine image quality and Canon's latest Image processor "Digic 5". As a bonus you can hack it using CHDK (Canon Hack Development Kit) if you are into those sort of stuff. ;)

Also consider Mirrorless camera's like Olympus EP, Sony NEX. They are bit out of your budget range but gives more manual control over the camera.

Cheers!

Rivergull

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012

I'm not positive, but I believe skg0009 was asking which digital cameras can be focused manually...like the old film cameras of yore, where you focus using a ring on the lens. It seems most of the answers posted here had to do with 'manual control capability' rather than 'manual focusing' capability.