Dim Screen Image

xKIAxMaDDoG

Estimable
Jan 11, 2016
I have a Dell Precision m6400 that has a very dim image when powered on. Cannot see what's on the screen unless it's powered on. I've replaced the inverter and the screen. But the problem is unsolved. I think maybe it's the ribbon cable or mother board. There is a possibility the inverter is a faulty part. Any suggestions?

ffg7

Splendid
if you replaced the inverter already then how can it be a faulty part? is it dim too when you are in the bios?
try this if you haven't already.

•Right-click on the desktop and a drop-down menu will appear.
•Click on "Display Properties."
•Click on "Color Correction."
•Note the "Brightness" scale. Slide the marker toward the right to brighten it and toward the left to decrease the brightness.
•Click on "Apply."
•Click on "OK." The "Display Properties" screen will close and the laptop screen's brightness will change.

have you tried an external monitor to see if has that issue or not?

xKIAxMaDDoG

Estimable
Jan 11, 2016

Thanks, though unfortunately this hasn't solved the issue. The inverter was purchased used, so I am not sure if it was working before, I do have the original one still. When an external monitor is connected, it does receive video

xKIAxMaDDoG

Estimable
Jan 11, 2016

Trying that didn't solve the issue, do you think maybe the ribbon cable could be faulty. It doesn't seem like such a thing could happen, though I suppose it could happen

TechLovie

Estimable
Jan 11, 2016
Itys a faulty screen. Replace the screen. The inverter should have done it, but if not, its cuz of the backlight, which is in your screen. Avoid trying to fix that yourself.

TechLovie

Estimable
Jan 11, 2016
Good point, it was a while back i forgot. Im almost sure that can only be the problem though! Unless his backlight isnt in the screen? It cant be the ribbon though, its unlikely, unless there is like a visible cut or something.

xKIAxMaDDoG

Estimable
Jan 11, 2016

I'm just going to chance a $15 ribbon cable, and if it doesn't work, I'll just have to use it like a desktop.

TRENDING THREADS