tepos

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2003
i really want to downgrade my directx9 to directx8 because my radeon9000 card doesnt seem to be compatible with this future especially when playing a game,i often encounter a problem such a grafix coruption and etc

so does anyone know how to uninstall it directly from my windows xp or do i need to reinstall my OS instead,no i dont wanna do this

elzt

Distinguished
May 10, 2002
3rd party directX uninstaller like <A HREF="http://www.softnews.ro/public/cat/14/4/14-4-48.shtml" target="_new">this one</A> might help.

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
Hay that seems to work! Even though I’m not the original poster, thought I would see if it works though. At first I didn’t notice any C:\DXTEMP folder, until I click on the UnDx9 file that was extracted, which went threw three stages, but failed on the 3rd. But it then made the C:\DXTEMP folder, and from there I moved the extracted files to that folder and ran the UnDx9 again, in which it work this time. Though I haven’t rebooted, but I believe it did the trick, since I’m showing DX8.1. Finally a DX uninstaller that works, nice job.

When you feel that reality does not suit you, live a fantasy life.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by jiffy on 06/09/03 08:21 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

tepos

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2003
it works man,thanx,btw after uninstall was complete,i realize i still have some problem with my previously installed program,many program here such a game already built by directx9 in it self and i cant get rid those DX9 from my game and some program too,all program and aplication here does not behave as it suppose to be.
i'm so confuse here how do i clean up all my installed program from DX9 even when my system has been succesfully downgrade from DX9 to DX8

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
That’s good thanks to elzt uninstaller link. I’m a little confused too and wondering if you have a DX problem to begin with. Since DX9 is backward compatible and you shouldn’t have any problems with it, not only that, but some current games call for DX9. That’s not to say that there can’t be a DX9 problem, but I’m thinking it’s something else. That something else would be an ATi card, which someone with ATi know how could help you.

When you feel that reality does not suit you, live a fantasy life.