Disassembling a Toshiba satellite laptop.

razerg

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
I have a Satellite L500D (I don't know exact model but it's QL67 with 4GB of ram and HD 3100 if that helps) that needs cleaning. I know how to remove all screws and cables except one: the flat keyboard cable. I'm just too afraid I will rip it in two pieces or won't be able to put it back later. Is there some method I could do that won't give me a broken keyboard cable?

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
http://www.irisvista.com/tech/laptops/Toshiba-Satellite-L505-L505D/remove-laptop-motherboard-1.htm

Step 6:

In order to unlock the keyboard cable connector move the locking clip towards the LCD screen.
Move it only about 2 millimeters. The locking clip must stay attached to the connector base.

Warning! If you break the connector, you'll have to replace the motherboard

It is pretty easy. All you need to do is carefully slide both sides of the white clip towards the screen and it should unlock the keyboard ribbon.

razerg

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
Okay, I successfully plugged in and out those flat ones but now i can't deal with these two.
HdSSxLG.jpg,

And can anyone tell me what problem might be when i press power button on my laptop it runs the cooler for a bit and then turns it off with a tota black screen. (just to note that hard drive was removed, could that be the problem? because it was the same when the hard drive was in.)

dudeman509

Estimable
Jan 23, 2015

Push up gently at each corner of the plug from the side. It should slip right out.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
Powering on then shutting off immediately is normally a power issue. Have you tried powering without the battery, with a different adapter or without the battery but just the adapter?

If any of those situations cause the same result and you remove hardware and it still does it more than likely there is a faulty component on the board itself.