Dish Hopper 3 Review: The Best Just Keeps Getting Better

Status
Not open for further replies.

quadcitynerd

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013
Its to bad the service does not come close to deserving this hardware. I had Dish for 6 years and now I have DirectTV which I have had now for 2 years and the difference is night and day. I will NEVER go back that that crap Dish EVER again!

David_348

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
Avoid the Hopper3 at all costs. There is a significant engineering defect in the hopper 3 software which will cause you to lose all of your recordings and your ability to record primetime shows automatically. The only recourse that Dish has to to replace your Hopper3 and hope that the defect does not appear in the new firmware. If you have ever replaced a hopper unit, resetting up your timers and other settings is a time consuming exercise. I am on my 3rd Hopper. Looking to move to another service

Nei1

Distinguished
May 13, 2007
I wish Tom's Guide would be more about making consumers the priority, instead of repeating the marketing blather written by manufacturers, companies, and corporations.

Furthermore, the Chrome-Notification said this article would be about the newest, bestest DVR. Being Digital Broadcast oriented, I got all excited. Then the dog got excited, then the cat got excited. Then when I got to the article, that's when I found out it was about a satellite ?? receiver, and it was a big let down. Then the dog got let down, then the cat got let down.

By re-writing the title for the Chrome-notification to make it more titillating, additional inaccuracies and ambiguities are the result. For instance, removing the word "Dish" from the notification. It would be more helpful if the notification simply repeated the title of the article instead of trying to improve upon it. Bet you the authors would agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.