Disney Buys LucasFilm for $4 Billion, Plans Star Wars Ep. 7

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clonazepam

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
[citation][nom]hang-the-9[/nom]Episode 7, Star Wars Musical featuring the hits of pre-made bands that don't play instruments or write their own music and have their voices autotuned.My 7 yr old girl is sure to love it![/citation]

lol well that's definitely plausible...

I never got into the books that carried the original stories forward, and I'm certainly tired of the Skywalker family, so boo to an episode 7. I want really good prequels. Too bad Bioware couldn't get a $4B loan.

I'd be really happy with hi-tech CGI graphics movies with really dark, detailed scenery in a more comic book tradition. Give me a Star Wars version of Spawn, aka really dark jedi slowly heading towards the light and the constant back and forth struggle.

Essentially, Jedi are the superheroes. The superhero movies that do the best, are the ones that put a lot of attention to detail in the emotional struggles. Superman has nearly no weaknesses, so his enemies have to exploit his humanity. That's where it's at.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
It's a sad day for all old school fans over the world. The prequels did a serious blow to the old trilogy, to the point that some hardcore fans have a difficult time sticking with the franchise anymore.

Let's hope they at least manage to make kick-ass movies out of the Thrawn trilogy!

hannibal

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2004
It can goes in any direction. Disney have had very bad and allso guite desent movies... If this will be new "toy driven" children film adaptation, we have to worry a lot. If it will be more like new BattleStar Galactica was compared to the original, there is hope... And I am more in worrying side at this moment...

kyee7k

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
As long as Disney hires a great writer and director team like Nolan and Goyer as well as solid actors/actresses, I believe that the Star Wars saga will continue to have a great legacy for future viewers.

As long as they use Zahn's Thrawn trilogy and cannibalize the comics, novels, cartoons like Nolan did for TDK and TDKR, I don't have to worry. On the other hand, The Caribbean Pirates--For the Love of Disney, please stop making those horrible movies.

After all, Disney can't make it as bad as Lucas did when he created Star Wars: A Holiday Special during the 1977-78 TNH success and high.

Status
Not open for further replies.