Dispute over Barred Mobile PHone

Eliza2811

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016
I purchased a sim free, contract free, unlocked from UK store Currys PC World. It was sold from their Ebay outlet store. Carphone Warehouse operate out of the actual Currys stores, selling the contract. EE/Orange have barred my mobile phone and claim it is a contract phone. I say it is not. They won't release the name of the person who barred MY phone due to Data Protection Act. I have the imei number of the phone. Is there any way of trace owners of the phone using the imei number ? Thanks.

Do they claim it's lost/stolen, or do they claim it's a contract phone that can't be used on another network?

For the former, contact the seller and ask for a refund. If that doesn't work, contact the police and say you believe they're fencing stolen property. Was it new?

For the latter, return it to the seller as 'not as advertised'.

Eliza2811

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016

Eliza2811

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016
I probably have said that it's too late to try to get a refund from the person who sold me the phone. The person sold the phone to me last August and they got it from PC World Currys ebay outlet store. They don't wish to get involved in the matter. I paid via Paypal with a debit card. I am past the 180 days buyer protection that paypal offer. I think it would have been described as used phone even to the person who had it before me. Now EE are saying its a contract phone but the guy i got it off says it isn't. I don't think Currys PC World would be allowed to sell contract tied phones on Ebay but mistakes happen I guess and I will be ring them tomorrow night.