Do different laptops with similar configuration perform different?

Jan 6, 2019
I bought a laptop with configuration:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 (base clock speed)
GPU: Vega 8 integrated
HDD: 2 TB
Ram: 8gb (2400Mhz)
Resolution: FHD 1920x1080
Its the cheapest among all others. Will it perform any different?

Solution
One of the main differences may be the cooling capability of the laptop's cooling solution. Thin, light laptops may be able to run CPUs at their turbo clocks for only a short while in bursts before throttling back due to heat. If you need sustained performance - coding, gaming, encoding, etc. - those are generally not suited best to such tasks. Some similar-sized laptops have better cooling performance/setup than others, and will run cooler and may be able to sustain max turbo clocks for long periods of time.

SSD choice, RAM choice, etc can also make a difference.
Jan 6, 2019

Sir, thank you for replying, but can you elaborate a little bit more on "set up"? if its Windows 10?

Jan 6, 2019

But the Windows 10 set-up will be common in all the laptops. How is one laptop going to perform differently than the other one if they have the same configuration? Do brands matter?

Jan 6, 2019

Sir thank you for your time, but I want to know how and why does it differ if all config and conditions in which it functions are same. I will understand if you do not wish to answer my curiosity.:)

dudeman509

Estimable
Jan 23, 2015
One of the main differences may be the cooling capability of the laptop's cooling solution. Thin, light laptops may be able to run CPUs at their turbo clocks for only a short while in bursts before throttling back due to heat. If you need sustained performance - coding, gaming, encoding, etc. - those are generally not suited best to such tasks. Some similar-sized laptops have better cooling performance/setup than others, and will run cooler and may be able to sustain max turbo clocks for long periods of time.

SSD choice, RAM choice, etc can also make a difference.

Solution
Jan 6, 2019

Thanks a lot sir. Very good info.